Zlatan-Cavani, Paris: 26 goals
Ronaldo-Benzema, Real Madrid: 25 goals
Suarez-Sturridge, Liverpool: 24 goals
Costa-Villa, Atletico Madrid: 23 goals
Lewandowski-Aubameayang, Dortmund: 19 goals
Messi-Sanchez, Barcelona: 16 goals
• Zlatan is just human. The same way a great white shark is just a fish.
• Nothing Zlatan does is easy. That’s why Zlatan does it.
• To Zlatan pressure is like medicine. He takes it to get better.
• Failure is the first step to success. The second is growing a ponytail.
• Unlearn the word “safe”. If you don’t know it you can’t play it.
• There are two things Zlatan can’t do. One is to be predictible. The other is a step-under. But Zlatan is practicing.
• The most common thing Zlatan says to his opponent: If you’re looking for the ball, it’s behind you. Top left corner.
• Zlatan does score tap ins. From 33 yards. With his heel.
"It looks too easy for Zlatan. It’s like he’s playing against children"
- Mino Raiola to France Football
A must-read interview:
As promised, here’s a complete translation of Jan Gradvall’s interview with Zlatan from the Jan. 24 edition of DI Weekend. I want to give a big thank you to my friend/resident asshole (I mean that in the nicest way) Fred for helping me out with the stuff I couldn’t figure out after consulting three dictionaries and Google’s sketchy/hilarious translations.
Read more after the jump:
Zlatan’s commercial for Volvo and for the connection to nature and the core of who we really are that many have lost in 2014. Taking the national anthem, Zlatan gives an Ali-knockout to people saying immigration is bad and that someone with his name can’t be swedish. It is a tribute to the new Sweden - a country full of colors, religions and backgrounds. The nature and history is still there. It is 2014. Deal with it.
Zlatan, who is suspended from this week’s game, takes time off home in Sweden, hunting with Alexander Östlund and his beard.
THEZLATAN celebrates follower number 500 with 42 minutes of porn.